Re: PERL_BADLANG

scripts/basedisks/new_root_home/.bash_profile:

# Turn off i18n since perl doesn't like it.  -Joey
#
# XXXXX FIXME: actually perl is right, but overly picky:
# LANG=ll is *not* correct. LANG=ll_CC is. Try:
# LANG=fr perl -e 'print "test\n";'
# LANG=fr_FR perl -e 'print "test\n";'
# PERL_BADLANG=0 LANG=fr perl -e 'print "test\n";'
# and boot-floppies should probably handle locales as a ll_CC
# type variable since es_ES is notably different of es_MX
# (or fr_FR and fr_CA, etc...)
#
#       -Vincent

PERL_BADLANG=0 dselect

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:
> Joey Hess wrote:
> > So something sets LANG to 'll' incorrectly? Has this been fixed? The comment
> > is weird, because ll_CC doesn't work either (unless CC is a placeholder).
>
> Ok, on second look, ll and CC are obviously placeholders. My bad. My
> question remains: Has this been fixed? If not, what is necessary to get it
> fixed?

I'm not sure... is this a perl issue?   dselect issue?  CC'd those parties.