Apache and perl-5.6

Hrmm -- was told to drop you a line after experiencing a problem reinstalling
my apache packages tonight.  Am using both perl-5.005 and perl-5.6 (with
alternatives pointing to 5.6) -- experienced quite a few problems both with
apacheconfig, as well as httpd.conf.  update-alternatives on perl, pointing
it back to 5.005 fixed the problems.

The person suggested I email regarding this, as he heard "the perl coming
out wed/thurs will no longer support alternatives" -- if this breaks other
things (or even just because it breaks this one thing) -- that would be
A Bad Thing (tm).

Heh - just letting ya know - I'm not on the list so pleace CC: any responses
to this back to me :)

 - Brian E. Ermovick (talonIX)

--
.oO(You know you've been using computers too long when you can actually come up with something that can be abbreviated as "lgtkmozembed")

(quoted from GyrosGeie on irc #mashpotato)