Re: Perl 5.6.0 Is Here!

According to Stephen Zander:
>     Chip> Well, I agree, _but_ who's to say that there would never be
>     Chip> a build process involving, say, building some Perl modules
>     Chip> for use with mod_perl?
>
> Such a build process is *still* going to occur outside mod_perl so
> hacking Config.pm still won't help.  What's needed is a way to
> override MakeMaker's view of libperl, useshrplib & friends from the
> command-line [...]

Yes, I think that's a better way to look at it.  I think I had a
glimpse of this view at the beginning, which is why I suggested that
libperl.so be distributed with a /usr/bin/perl-5.6-shared.  Then it
would be easy to build modules for use with mod_perl:

    $ perl-5.6-shared Makefile.PL

Presto.
--
Chip Salzenberg              - a.k.a. -              <chip@valinux.com>