Re: additional thoughts about the new packages

Raphael Hertzog <rhertzog@hrnet.fr> writes:
> And as long as perl-5.005 is not installed, data-dumper will not be
> removed so perl scripts using /usr/bin/perl as perl-5.004 will still
> have data-dumper.

At the same time, I've been thinking that I should rename data-dumper
to libdata-dumper-perl---I think it was one of the first perl modules
packaged, and it preceeded the de facto standard naming convention.

It would make sense to make it perl-5.004 specific at that time.

I have to admit that I haven't been following things as closely as I
might---all I've got to work on right now is a rather finicky alpha
and a dial-up line, both of which limit my usefulness.

By next week I should have an Intel box and an ADSL line, so I might
be able to give a little more input.  Still, if someone would like to
convert data-dumper to being perl-5.004 specific and send me the
diffs, that might be a useful guide for both me and others.

Mike.