vendor-specific add-on directories?

Hy folks,

  I'm just upgrading my homestation to actual perl, and I now see something,
  I did'nt in the company, where I did a "Configure -de" to make it fast.

#------------------------------------------------------------------------------#
The installation process will also create a directory for
vendor-supplied add-ons.  Vendors who supply perl with their system
may find it convenient to place all vendor-supplied files in this
directory rather than in the main distribution directory.  This will
ease upgrades between binary-compatible maintenance versions of perl.

Of course you may also use these directories in whatever way you see
fit.  For example, you might use them to access modules shared over a
company-wide network.

The default answer should be fine for most people.
This causes further questions about vendor add-ons to be skipped
and no vendor-specific directories will be configured for perl.

Do you want to configure vendor-specific add-on directories? [n]
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------#

  I think this would be a good idea for the next Perl going into Debian.

  If any debian spezific modules is move to /usr/lib/debian-perl,
  dpkg/dselect would still work, when replacing the perl, as long as
  they contain nothing done with XS.

  If I find time, I'll build a Perl5.005_63_kraehe.deb for others to
  test this idea, if others think vendor-specific could be fine ?

Bye Michael
--
  mailto:kraehe@copyleft.de     	UNA:+.? 'CED+2+:::Linux:1.2:13'UNZ+1'
  http://www.xml-edifact.org/		CETERUM CENSEO MSDOS ESSE DELENDAM