Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 08:00:12 -0800 (PST)
From: Larry Wall <larry@wall.org>
To: JVromans@Squirrel.nl (Johan Vromans)
Cc: l-perl5-porters <perl5-porters@perl.org>
Subject: Re: [PERL] 5.005_63 RPM spec

Johan Vromans writes:
: 	filename="perl-5.005_63.spec"

One of the reasons for going to a new version numbering scheme is
so that RPM can have version numbers like 5.5.63 and know how to
compare versions, so we should probably start using that form in
the RPMs.

Larry

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Chip Salzenberg             - a.k.a. -              <chip@valinux.com>
     "Fleagal.  Bingo.  Drooper.  Snork.  They're cops."   //MST3K