Re: Boot-Floppies: perl task package

"Martin Bialasinski" <martin@internet-treff.uni-koeln.de> writes:
> Section: devel
> Standards-Version: 2.4.0.0
>
> Package: task-perl
> Version: 0.1
> Maintainer: Martin Bialasinski <martinb@debian.org>
> Depends: perl2html, libnet-dns-perl, libcgi-perl, libdatecalc-perl, libdbi-perl, libgnome-perl, liblocale-gettext-perl, libwww-perl, libcompress-zlib-perl, libmime-base64-perl, libnet-perl, libhtml-parser-perl, libhtml-tree-perl, libio-stringy-perl, libipc-signal-perl, libnet-telnet-perl, libtime-period-perl, libtimedate-perl, liburi-perl, libmime-perl, libdelimmatch-perl, libdbd-csv-perl, libdbd-mysql-perl, libdevel-symdump-perl, libdigest-md5-perl, libfile-sync-perl, libfile-tail-perl, liblockdev0-perl,
> Architecture: all
> Description_devel: Perl development

As the packager of many--and perhaps most, I'm too lazy to count---of
the included packages, here's my suggestion for a description (I just
tried to hit the really high points, not a description of every
package---I encourage others to suggest additional items):

 Includes code for processing html, automating network connections with
 most common protocols, accessing client-server (often SQL) databases,
 creating GUIs and other bit slinging and string mangling.
 .
 Never leave home without your Swiss Army Chainsaw.

Mike.