Re: your mail

Le Sat, Jul 24, 1999 at 01:52:33AM +0100, Oliver Elphick écrivait:
> Incidentally, it doesn't state a dependency on perl, but it explicitly
> installs into /usr/lib/perl/i386-linux/5.004/ (from memory).  I don't
> know if it actually needs to do that.  Is it possible to put a package
> in a more general location?

I can do the NMU if you want.

Anyway, this package will have to depend on perl-5.005 (you should use
${perl:Depends} like I did for postregsql) as it does have a binary
module in it.

You should never hardcore a directory with a version in it ... simply
leave $(MAKE) pure_install install them in the right directories (that
has been given through the $(config) variable). Cf the perl policy.

A+
--
Hertzog Raphaël >> 0C4CABF1 >> http://prope.insa-lyon.fr/~rhertzog/