Re: INSTALLPRIVLIB should be /usr/lib/perl5

Le Wed, Jul 14, 1999 at 02:36:34PM -0400, Roderick Schertler écrivait:
> Both the 5.005 and 5.004 builds have $Config{installprivlib} set to
> /usr/lib/perl5/$version.  I think this is a mistake, the distributed

No, it's the upstream way of doing things. And we follow for the most part
the upstream perl ...

> Config.pm should have /usr/lib/perl5 there instead.  The only things
> which go in /usr/lib/perl5/$version (directly, not an arch-specific
> subdir) are the core modules.  After market Perl-only modules go in
> /usr/lib/perl5.  Changing $instprivlib will allow this to work because
> of the way ExtUtils::Install uses archlib/sitearch for the *.pm files if
> there are any architecture-dependent files at all.
>
> Changing the distributed Config.pm in this way means a complexity savings
> in the debian/rules files for all Perl modules.

It saves you one line, and if you're really lazy, you can even cut and
paste it from the perl policy.

Furthermore for manual install of packages, they will be installed in
site_perl and won't be versionned.

And last but not least, the installarchlib is calculated with
installprivlib when not overriden on the command line ... that
would mean that if we use installprivlib then we still need to
add a line for the binary modules. That doesn't help us much ...

Hertzog Raphaël >> 0C4CABF1 >> http://prope.insa-lyon.fr/~rhertzog/