Re: CGI.pm not in libcgi-perl anymore? (was: Re: libcgi-perl?)

> This suggests that we either need a package that includes it---and I
> would argue with Manoj that that would have to be libcgi-perl, since
> there are already packages out there that (I suspect) mistakenly have
> dependencies on it---or our heroic perl maintainers need to take the
> tiger by the tail and update the perl sources with the new version.

I think the best solution is to split CGI.pm from main perl package.
If not, maybe "fake" package would help?

Off topic:
Well, I think the perl policy should tell about package names.
I though libcgi-perl contains CGI.pm but it didn't.

--

Piotr "Dexter" Roszatycki
mailto:dexter@fnet.pl