Re: pdl works under 5.005

Le Wed, Jun 30, 1999 at 05:33:48PM -0700, John Lapeyre écrivait:
> 	  I finally was able to build pdl correctly under the
> experimental 5.005 packages.  The demos all seemed to work OK.
> I guess most of the perl packages (particularly popular things like
> dupload) should be built this way and then we can try to get them
> all installed just before perl 5.005 is installed.  Does this make
> sense ?

No because nobody will have perl-5.005 installed until the transition is
completed. Only the developers of binary perl modules will have to
install perl-5.005 for compiling them.

All people maintaining simple perl scripts like dupload will only have
to change the perl dependency by a perl5 dependency (no need to install
perl-5.005 for that).

And the developer who only maintains 100 % pure perl modules can build
them with perl-5.004 (by following the perl policy) and it will work
fine with our perl-5.005.

Hertzog Raphaël >> 0C4CABF1 >> http://prope.insa-lyon.fr/~rhertzog/