[GSoC-20 Report] [Weekly Report: 10] Android SDK tools in Debian

Hii,

This report points to work done in Week 10 [Aug 2 - Aug 9].

This week I did some extra/lite work apart from kotlin.

For the kotlin work, I finally decided to backport changes to 4.4.1.
For now, I have backported "ComponentWithCoordinates" from v4.7 and
"DependencyConstraint" from v4.8. [1] [2]

The one problem is that kotlin-gradle-plugin compiles with com.android.tools.build:gradle:3.0.0, which is again circularly dependent upon the kotlin itself, so tried resolving that as well. [3]

I started to set up a website for the Debian Android Tools Team so that everyone can push their related blogs in one place. It was Hans's idea :D

Apart from that, we discussed the BoF Agenda and the proceedings I drafted a document for the very same.

Thanks and regards
Samyak Jain
(samyak-jn)

[1] https://github.com/gradle/gradle/commit/2f4648f5479d8780741584fd6bc940d48d1b4870