Re: Call for Outreachy December 2020 mentors and projects

On 03/09/2020 10:44, Jaminy Prabaharan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Debian is participating in the Outreachy [0] internship program.
> Outreachy's goal is to support people from groups underrepresented in
> the technology industry. Interns will work remotely with mentors from
> our community.
>
> We are seeking mentors to propose projects that Outreachy interns can
> work on during their internship.
>
> Sept. 24, 2020 at 4 pm UTC is the deadline to submit projects through
> CFP [1] page.
>
> If you want help crafting your project proposal, please contact the
> Debian coordinators via  outreach@debian.org <mailto:outreach@debian.org> .
>
> Mentors should read the mentor FAQ[2].
>
> Full details about the Outreachy program and the internship timeline can
> be found on the Call for Participation page on the Outreachy website[3].
>
> You can also view the past projects [4] on the Outreachy website as
> well as refer to the Debian wiki page for guidelines [5].
>
> We recently hosted a session [6] at DebConf20 for mentors and students to
> share their experience.
>
> Please submit your project ideas and help newcomers to contribute to
> Debian and open source.
>
> [0]: https://www.outreachy.org <https://www.outreachy.org/>
> [1]: https://www.outreachy.org/communities/cfp/debian/
> [2]: https://www.outreachy.org/mentor/mentor-faq
> [3]: https://www.outreachy.org/communities/cfp/
> [4]: https://www.outreachy.org/past-projects/
> [5]: https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2020#Guidelines_for_GSoC.2FOutreachy_Projects_in_Debian
> [6]:
> https://debconf20.debconf.org/talks/71-debian-outreach-projects-google-summer-of-code-2020/ ;
> <https://debconf20.debconf.org/talks/71-debian-outreach-projects-google-summer-of-code-2020/>
>
> Best Regards,
> Jaminy.

Thanks for this, will share on my paigntoncodeclub blog
https://personaljournal.ca/paigntoncodeclub/

and try and share locally in Torbay Devon if nothing else it raises
awareness of this.

if you're on twitter I am on as @zleap2018 and on the fediverse as
@zleap@qoto.org if this helps to connect and share further.

Regards