[GSoC 2020] Week 11 Report - Android SDK tools in Debian

Hey everyone!  This is a report of week 11  of coding period. (August 10th to August 16th)

I finally got Gradle to build! Without and Gradle build issues.
So here's where we are at currently:
We had zinc scala as the major blocker, After trying lots of changes, patches, reverts etc. Zinc would still be a pain point because Scala 6 is very incompatible with typesafe zinc and newer sbt/zinc is still not in Debian. So we decided to go ahead without Scala compatiblity. Which means the task languageScala won't be carried out when building gradle and gradle will not be able to build Scala projects.
This is better than having no Gradle at all. We have sbt in Debian for Scala, if needed.

Next up we came a few across eclipse aether issues[1] again! This time related to a couple of artifacts. for e.g: RepositorySystemsession was missing. The eclipse aether patch is used to replace the use of sonatype aether with eclipse aether or maven resolver aether as needed. But some artifacts like RepositorySystemSession are not present in either of them and upstream still prefers to use sonatype aether. So instead of providing partial sonatype with eclipse and maven resolver I decided to just use sonatype as upstream does. Sonatype maybe a bit outdated but that's what upstream uses. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sticking with it helps in a couple of less errors and one less patch on our side. So the patch is removed now.

So after these two major issues sorted, gradle builds fine successfully. [2]
There are still some errors related to poms and the man page is missing. Those are Debian side errors and gradle builds fine on its own for now. I have pushed the changes to the default branch on salsa.[3]  and I will keep grinding Gradle. We are nearly there. :)

Thanks! See you next week.

[1] https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/GmQjcxntkH/
[2] https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/SBQvv6CxbX/
[3] https://salsa.Debian.org/theloudspeaker-guest/gradle