[GSoC`20 Report] [Weekly Report - 3] Android SDK tools in Debian

Heyyyy,

Here's a weekly update on my work done so far :)

=> An update about my work *last week*:

Since a couple of last weeks went into debugging kotlin.

I decided to switch this week to the android area.

There were two issues assigned to me (#6, #7) by cdesai :) [1][2]

What was done and accomplished?

The main motive was to check the latest upstream from android-platform-tools-base and sdkmanager.

After checking out the latest source code and building it. I tested an app (wireguard-android) by the latest upstream platform-tools-base and sdkmanager.

Configured an emulator (it was fun!).

All the work has been documented here [3]

The main motive was to know what all do we need before planning the major version update for the same.

>> I wrote a small script to help in segregating all the jar name and version from the dir(out), check the script here.

>> Here's the output for the script: jar-names-versions

=> Blockers?

(This has to be work on!)

The kotlin source package consists of kotlin-Gradle-plugin and kotlin-sam-with-receiver binaries which aren't getting generated from the source.

~> I have pinged m36 with the errors, I hope he might have something interesting to tell :)

=> Other work apart from the Project:

> Reverse engineering a tool that deals with the conversion from kts to groovy.

> Attended the weekly meeting at IRC.

Thanks and regards,

Samyak Jain

<samyak-jn>