Here's a weekly update on my work done so far :)
=> An update about my work *last week*:
Since a couple of last weeks went into debugging kotlin.
I decided to switch this week to the android area.
There were two issues assigned to me (#6, #7) by cdesai :) 
What was done and accomplished?
The main motive was to check the latest upstream from android-platform-tools-base and sdkmanager.
After checking out the latest source code and building it. I tested an app (wireguard-android) by the latest upstream platform-tools-base and sdkmanager.
Configured an emulator (it was fun!).
All the work has been documented here 
The main motive was to know what all do we need before planning the major version update for the same.
>> I wrote a small script to help in segregating all the jar name and version from the dir(out), check the script here.
>> Here's the output for the script: jar-names-versions.
(This has to be work on!)
The kotlin source package consists of kotlin-Gradle-plugin and kotlin-sam-with-receiver binaries which aren't getting generated from the source.
~> I have pinged m36 with the errors, I hope he might have something interesting to tell :)
=> Other work apart from the Project:
> Reverse engineering a tool that deals with the conversion from kts to groovy.
> Attended the weekly meeting at IRC.
Thanks and regards,