GSoC Report(s) Update

Hey,

I have been writing bi-weekly blogs for GSoC and pushing them to planet.d.o.
Bi-weekly Report #1: http://utkarsh2102.tk/debian/2019/06/15/gsoc-bi-weekly-report-1.html
Bi-weekly Report #2: http://utkarsh2102.tk/debian/2019/06/25/gsoc-bi-weekly-report-2.html

To sum up, here's what happened:

[ Week 1 and 2 ]
The following things were done:
» Ruby gems’ test failures patched.
» 18 gems uploaded.
» Looked into loomio-installer’s setup.
» Basic scripts like nginx configuration, et al written.

My other activities in Debian last month:
» Updated and uploaded gitlab 11.10.4 to experimental (thanks to praveen).
» Uploaded gitaly, gitlab-workhorse.
» Sponsored a couple of packages (DM access).
» Learned Perl packaging and packaged 4 modules (thanks to gregoa and yadd).
» Learned basic Python packaging.
» Helped DC team.

[ Week 3 and 4 ]
The following dependencies were packaged and uploaded:
» ruby-ahoy-matey
» ruby-aws-partitions
» ruby-aws-sdk-core
» ruby-aws-sdk-kms
» ruby-aws-sdk-s3
» ruby-aws-sigv4
» ruby-geocoder
» ruby-terrapin

The following dependencies have been packaged but are yet to be uploaded:
» ruby-cancancan
» ruby-google-cloud-env
» ruby-google-cloud-core
» ruby-google-cloud-translate

The following packages were updated and uploaded:
» ruby-pg (DM access)
» ruby-activerecord-import (DM access)

The following dependencies have been fixed for autopkgtest:
» ruby-paperclip (took a lot of time to debug :/)
» ruby-maxminddb

In the following process, I discovered a new option that could be passed to dh_ruby - export DH_RUBY_GEM_INSTALL_WHITELIST_APPEND. This was needed for ruby-aws-partitions as the test-suite of ruby-paperclip needed partitions.json. Thanks to the man page of dh_ruby :D

My other activities in Debian last month:
» Participated in Perl team’s LHF and updated libfuture-asyncawait-perl.
» Sponsored a couple of packages (DM access).
» Worshiping Visa God to grant visa for DebConf19.

Plans for the next 2 weeks:
» Testing and setting up loomio-installer.
» Packaging and completing the last set of Ruby gem dependencies.
» Prepare a list of node packages to be updated and packaged.

Until next time.
:wq for today.