GSoC Projects

Hi, I’m Simhendra Urs, a computer science student and I’d like to get into Open Source projects right away, I’ve only been doing competitive programming as of late. I recently came across GSoC and I was pleasantly surprised to see a company like Debian on the list of participating organizations, as I use Debian on one of my systems and the area of interest that I’m aiming for is Operating Systems. I’d like to know if Debian will be in Google Summer of Code next year in 2020, and if so, what projects are in mind. If not, I’d still like to know if there’s any way that I can help the organization, and if there is any material that I can refer to in order to better my skills and become an asset. Thank you.