GSoC weekly report of Jaskaran Singh for week 9
This week I:
- Went through other distributions' vulnerability identifiers for similarities in notation.
- Implemented a vulnerability identifier normalization function, so that vulnerabilities inconsistent in notation are normalized and uniform.
- Ran a script on the DSA list to check how many iterations of the same DSA have newer CVEs. This was mainly for ascertaining if it would be necessary to crawl all iterations of a given DSA.
- Refactored some code, particularly the vulnerability aliasing, xpath determination and Debian crawling functionalities.
- Rewrote some tests so that only public APIs are tested.
- Went through Debian's New Maintainers' Guide and practised a bit of packaging.