GSoC weekly report of Jaskaran Singh for week 6
This week I:
- Implemented server-side search for the Github crawler.
- Documented and understood various vulnerability identifiers and security advisories, specific to vendors and organizations. Some of these include OVAL, CVRF, and advisories of Redhat, Gentoo, etc.
- Searched for data sources available for some of the documented vulnerability identifiers to determine what format they are generally in. These sources are HTML pages, APIs transferring JSON or XML, plain text documents,
Git repositories, RSS feeds, etc.
- Started implementation of an abstraction to facilitate mapping of a vulnerability to one or more CVEs.
- Refactored some older code I'd written for better readability and testability. Wrote unit tests for the same using unittest and unittest.mock.
- Migrated all my configs to a newer machine to work on.