Re: Google Summer Of Code

Sim writes:

> Hello,

Ni hao :)

> I'm a student from Zhejiang University Of Technology and want to be a
> student in Google Summer Of Code
> to learn more quickly.

Thanks for your interest in doing GSoC with Debian.

> I've learned Python, C, C++ and HTML+CSS. I've edited my blog template with
> HTML+CSS for some time and made
> some commits on Github.
> Greeting.

I appreciate you mentioning the languages that you are familiar with.
There are plenty of areas you can take a look into for making
contributions.

There are many teams that you can join and take a look for getting
started. You can join these teams and ask them about the stuff that they
need help with.
You can take a look at teams here
https://tracker.debian.org/teams/
https://salsa.debian.org/explore/groups

If you are looking to contributing with GSoC in mind.
You should go over the ideas listed on

https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2019/Projects

and then contact the Teams/Individual mentors and co-mentors. They will
help you get started with there selective areas into Debian.

Also given your familiarity with languages like Python,you could consider joining
teams like Debian Python https://wiki.debian.org/Python

Also you should consider getting in contact with the local Debian
community in China.
here are some links to them.

https://wiki.debian.org/LocalGroups/Debian-CN
https://www.debiancn.org/

All the best for GSoC.
We wish to see your contributions for the time of GSoC and beyond that
as well.

Xie Xie,

rajudev ( राजुदेव )