Re: GSoC 19

Reply at bottom.

On २३/१२/१८ ६:५१ म.पू., Paul Wise wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 22, 2018 at 6:36 PM Yash Krishan wrote:
>
>> I am an Indian undergrad eager to contribute in the open source.
>> When I switched my os to Debian based, I immediately fell in love with it.
>> I am an eager learner and with my skill set,
>> I really like to contribute to the development and improvement.
>> I really wish to be a part of the team in any capacity.
> Debian's participation in the Google Summer of Code for 2019 is still
> in preparation, in the meantime you might like to look at the notes
> for last year and the projects list for the last few years to see what
> kind of projects might be proposed by the Debian community.
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2018
> https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2018/Projects
> https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2017/Projects
> https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2016/Projects
> https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2015/Projects
>
> There are lots of different ways to contribute to the Debian
> community, some of them are listed here:
>
> https://www.debian.org/intro/help
>
> A great way to apply your skills is to work on packages that need
> help, the how-can-i-help tool is useful for finding opportunities for
> this:
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/how-can-i-help
>
> There is a bid to bring the annual Debian conference to India in 2020:
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianIndia
> https://wiki.debian.org/DebConf/20/Bids/India
> https://wiki.debian.org/DebConf/20/Bids/India/Plans

Hi Yash,

The Debian India Community is active on the Debian India mailing list here

https://lists.debian.org/debian-dug-in/

Join in there and you can Interact with the Debian India community.

There are many ways to get started contributing to Debian.

But from the perspective of participating in GSoC 2019, you should take
a look at the old GSoC projects.

And start contributing to them.

You could join in the mailing list/IRC or that particular sub group of
Debian and start asking questions to them about the project.

And start making contributions wherever you can.

Thanks,

- rajudev