Outreachy December - March Round!

    It's that time of the year again: Outreachy December - March
application round!

Outreachy is a project that provides three-month internships for people
underrepresented in tech, focused entirely on free and open source
software projects. Read more about Outreachy: https://www.outreachy.org/

Debian has participated in the past, and will be doing so again this
upcoming round. This means we're looking for mentors, co-mentors, and
projects for interns.

What you should do if you think you want to participate:

    - Come up with a project idea. If you're interested, but uncertain
about mentoring, finding a co-mentor can make this significantly easier;

    - Add your project idea to:
https://wiki.debian.org/Outreachy/Round16/Projects;

    - After your project idea is added, it will be reviewed and, if
accepted, you'll be asked to add it to the Outreachy Debian community
page <https://www.outreachy.org/communities/cfp/debian/>;

A few more notes:
    - Please keep projects Debian specific;
    - You don't have to be a DD to be a mentor, but if you're not,
please try to find a co-mentor who is;
    - Suggesting a project or having a great applicant (sadly) does not
mean they will definitely get funded;
    - We have secured funding for two (2) interns! If there are more
really stellar applicants, we'll apply for Outreachy general funds and
try to do some fundraising on our own;
    - October 16th is the deadline for listing projects, so please
submit all of your ideas by October 14th.
    - For a complete timeline, see:
https://www.outreachy.org/apply/project-selection/

That's all for now!

Cheers,
Molly, on behalf of the Debian Outreach Team