Outreachy December - March Round!
It's that time of the year again: Outreachy December - March
Outreachy is a project that provides three-month internships for people
underrepresented in tech, focused entirely on free and open source
software projects. Read more about Outreachy: https://www.outreachy.org/
Debian has participated in the past, and will be doing so again this
upcoming round. This means we're looking for mentors, co-mentors, and
projects for interns.
What you should do if you think you want to participate:
- Come up with a project idea. If you're interested, but uncertain
about mentoring, finding a co-mentor can make this significantly easier;
- Add your project idea to:
- After your project idea is added, it will be reviewed and, if
accepted, you'll be asked to add it to the Outreachy Debian community
A few more notes:
- Please keep projects Debian specific;
- You don't have to be a DD to be a mentor, but if you're not,
please try to find a co-mentor who is;
- Suggesting a project or having a great applicant (sadly) does not
mean they will definitely get funded;
- We have secured funding for two (2) interns! If there are more
really stellar applicants, we'll apply for Outreachy general funds and
try to do some fundraising on our own;
- October 16th is the deadline for listing projects, so please
submit all of your ideas by October 14th.
- For a complete timeline, see:
That's all for now!
Molly, on behalf of the Debian Outreach Team