Re: selecting Debian mentors for the mentor summit

On Thu, Aug 2, 2018 at 11:51 PM Daniel Pocock <daniel@pocock.pro> wrote:

Hi all,

Google has announced the mentor summit will be held on 12-14 October 2018

I would be interested in participating, although I am not sure whether
I am one of the best representatives of the Debian. I find interesting
meeting other mentors and visiting Google. I love Google for the great
services they offer to people (googling, gmail, etc.), for their support
to free software community, for their policy of not being evil, etc.
Their critics and haters simply are not able to offer something better,
or to care for people better than Google.

However I am afraid that I may not be able to make it. Only to get a US
visa it needs 20-30 days to get an appointment, and then the processing
time may go up to 60 days (according to information on the embassy
website). This leaves no time to book a flight etc. I also don't have enough
money to gamble by registering and booking a flight before getting a visa.
So, I think that it may be too late for me.

Since I am one of the candidates, I don't want to mention anything about
the selection policy (or algorithm).

Regards,
Dashamir