GSoC weekly report of Alexandre Viau for week 5 & 6 | autodeb

Hello,

This is my weekly report for week 5 & 6.

=== Repositories ===

I have spent most of week 5 and 6 on setting up repositories. I have
been trying to select the best solution for creating apt repositories
and I eventually decided to go with Apyly[1].

Aptly is already in Debian but there were some issues with the
packaging, notably there was no service for the REST API so I have spent
some time to contribute to Aptly's packaging:
 - https://salsa.debian.org/debian/aptly/merge_requests/1
 - https://salsa.debian.org/debian/aptly/merge_requests/2

I have also noticed that the Aptly package was vendoring many
dependencies. I have helped improve this situation and my progress is
documented in this bug:
 - https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=902128

This has also lead to some minor patches to Aptly, which were merged:
 - https://github.com/aptly-dev/aptly/pull/754
 - https://github.com/aptly-dev/aptly/pull/753

I have uploaded a new version of Aptly, including the rest API service,
to stretch-backports. We should be able to use it in Autodeb's
production infrastructure in the next few days.

=== paging ===

I have implemented paging on most web pages and reversed the order in
which the items appear from newest to oldest so that it is more intuitive.

=== autodeb server ===

- Work on repositories

- Implemented an API client for Aptly

- Implemented a reverse proxy for aptly, protected by an auth token.
This means that autodeb API clients can use Aptly's API provided that
they were authorized to do so by autodeb.

=== Infrastructure ===

- setup aptly

- setup nginx to host repositories

Cheers,