GSoC Weekly report of Harshit Joshi for week 6

The same can be viewed at blog.harshitjoshi.in

This week, I was working on Graphical User Interface (GUI) for Factur-X[1]. The work is done in invoicex-gui[2] repository under invoice-x[3] organisation.

Earlier I had planned using Kivy[4] as UI framework. But I dropped that idea because of Kivy's bug with default Debian 9 (Stretch) touchpad driver. So, now I am using PyQt5[5] as UI framework for this project. I spent a few days reading and using PyQt5. I have to admit the learning curve is very steep, due to unavailability of proper documentation. For most part I had to rely on Qt5's documentation in C++ and other sources such as StackOverflow and some personal blogs.

I have done the following things for GUI:
I have given minimum attention to the appearance of this application and will improve it in coming weeks.
Next week, I will continue working on GUI and will try to integrate more features from factur-x.

[1]: https://github.com/invoice-x/factur-x
[2]: https://github.com/invoice-x/invoicex-gui
[3]: https://github.com/invoice-x/
[4]: https://kivy.org