Re: weekly reports: this list, into Git, or elsewhere?

Hi,

The wiki sounds like a sensible solution to have everything centralised in one place, and for future reference. The emails work better, IMO, because they are very visible and a student knows that if they miss the report it will be noticed.

Regards,

Bruno

On Thu, 31 May 2018 at 08:02, Andrea Trentini <andrea.trentini@unimi.it> wrote:
On 31/05/18 08:14, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> Hi all,
> Do people feel good about receiving 25 report emails each week on this list?

no problem for me (I have filters that move messages in folders automatically)

> Would anybody prefer to see any of the following alternatives:
> - we create a new list, just for reports?

no, not another list, please!

> - students put the reports in a shared Git repository, maybe using
> Markdown so it can be rendered with Jekyll?

that is a good solution, better RST than Markdown

I suggested my mentored students to create a journal.rst in their repo (under a GSoC-2018 dir)

--

 /--\ndrea |rentini  (http://atrent.it)

[il file "signature.asc" (firma gpg) potrebbe non essere compreso dal vostro sistema]