Re: Objectionable selection of students in Debian

Hello Nitish,

First, your email contains user tracking artifacts from mailtag.io.
Accordingly to their website it seems that you are using some kind of
browser extension that adds that to your emails. I strongly encourage
your to revisit this choice. I find it abhorring and will discard any
other email containing similar things.

It may very well be that your emails have not been seen by the mentors
because of the above mentioned tracking embedded into them. This one
made it past my spam filters only because I received it through a Debian
mailing list. Other spam filters may be much more severe.

Second, I understand your frustration: any form of candidate selection
will leave someone disappointed. However, the accusatory tone of your
email will not motivate the mentors of your project to motivate their
choice or explain their selection criteria, and they do not have to.

Third, you are openly accusing Minkush Jain to have copied your code for
his submission. However, I don't see any relevant similarity in your and
his code, beside what is inevitable in two function of less than ten
lines of code implementing the same functionality.

Best,
Daniele