Re: GSoC 2018: Wizard/GUI helping students get started

Thank you for the information!

On Fri, Mar 23, 2018, 1:42 AM Daniel Pocock <daniel@pocock.pro> wrote:

Hi all,

I'm sending this email to the list and BCC to all those who applied
personally or on the list so you all receive the same information.  If
you are not already subscribed to the list I recommend you subscribe:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-outreach

The other co-mentors and I are still discussing selection criteria.

Some of you did not already submit a draft in the Google portal:

https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com

and if you still want to apply, the deadline is Tuesday.  Please see the
instructions in my previous emails during March:

https://lists.debian.org/debian-outreach/2018/03/threads.html

I looked at the proposals that are in the system.  Some of them are
quite strong.  However, some of you have not completed things that I
suggested in my tips email:

https://lists.debian.org/debian-outreach/2018/03/msg00069.html

For example, some of you do not have a week-by-week schedule.

Please note the proposal is not a contract, if you write a schedule now
and you have to change your plans in the middle of the project, that
doesn't mean you will fail.  If you are not sure what to write in the
schedule, I would suggest making a schedule that appears too easy for 3
months work and if you finish it too quickly, we will help you plan
other activities for the rest of the program.

Regards,

Daniel