Re: Suggestion on social event and conference calendars project

On 15/03/18 02:09, frem wrote:
> Le 21/02/2018 à 00:55, Daniel Pocock a écrit :
>> On 14/02/18 05:23, frem wrote:
>>> For the Social event and conference calendars project, I know a project
>>> that seems relevant : OpenEventDatabase
>>> (https://github.com/openeventdatabase/)
>>> Manual and functionalities already implemented :
>>> https://github.com/openeventdatabase/backend/wiki
>> Thanks for this feedback, would you be able to edit these things into
>> the wiki page?
>>
>> https://wiki.debian.org/SocialEventAndConferenceCalendars
>
> Done.
>
> Sadly this subject isn't underway for this GSoC.
> And I'm not able to mentor this subject (not fluent in english, nor DD).

You don't need to be a DD to be a mentor

Fluency in English is not a core requirement either

The biggest requirement is having time during the summer to interact
with interns and help them feel welcome in the community.  No mentor has
all the answers: good mentoring often involves helping them find their
answers in the community.

Regards,

Daniel