Re: [GSoC / Outreachy] autopkgtest project participation

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 06:48, Kalou.Katerina <aik.kalou@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear all,

Hi, i am Katerina, from Greece, and i would like to introduce my self as a future applicant for the Outreachy round 16 (summer 2018). I am finishing my PhD in bio electronics and robotics and i have a good experience in Python and C++ while i am learning Shell and Java.

I have already start collaborating with Andreas Tille  (tille@debian.org)  the mentor of the autopkgtest project and i have already finished my first contribution (now i am working for the second one)

I would kindly like to ask you, if there will be a participation of Debian and specifically the autopkgtest project in Outreachy (or GSoC) this round.  In the Outreachy site , you are required to choose from an offered list of projects and then to record your contributions to that project. However Debian is not appearing as a part of that list. I would like to ask, are there plans for including Debian and specifically autopkgtest in the near future?

Thank you in advance for your cooperation,

Kind regards,
Katerina
Hi, Katerina!

It would be great to have you submit for Outreachy. As far as I know, Debian will indeed participate in the next round. It's not unusual for organizations to be added even after the applications have started. Keep an eye on the site and on this list for updates.

It seems that the projects that will be added are still being discussed, but I would say that if you've found a mentor who you're working with, you shouldn't be too concerned.

Best of luck!

Renata
Outreachy intern with Debian