Re: Regarding Google Summer of Code 2018

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 11:13 PM, Aman Pratap Singh <amanprtpsingh@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello all,

I am Aman Pratap Singh, a CSE major at Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar. I am writing this with regard to Debian organization's project idea for Google Summer of Code titled Firefox and Thunderbird plugins for free software habits. I am interested in working on this project.

I request to please brief me with steps to getting started.

Sincerely,
Aman Pratap Singh

It seems to me kind of spamming if all the students post to debian-outreach and ask for help.
This is why each project has its own mentors. Otherwise it is just stealing valuable time from everyone.
Maybe I am wrong, but I think that students should not be allowed to ask for help on debian-outreach.
They should contact the mentors instead.

Dashamir