Re: Google Summer of Code 2018

On 12/01/18 16:32, Molly de Blanc wrote:
> A few quick notes, but I'll dig into this after work (UTC -5) tonight.
>
> The proposed projects will also be serving as the Outreachy projects for
> Round 16 (this summer). If anyone objects to their project being
> included in both lists, please say something now.
>
> We can submit as many projects as we want to GSoC, but ought to
> prioritize the five most enthusiastic mentors / well defined projects.
> There are four currently listed. Do we want to add any more?

I'm going to resurrect some topics too

In the past few years I think that Google has funded every project
Debian asked for so I don't think the administrators had to get too
involved in choosing between the projects.  In 2016 we had 13 students
just working on the Real-Time Communications topic:

https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2016/RTCProjects

out of the total 25:

https://bits.debian.org/tag/gsoc.html

If we are happy to be just as ambitious this year, I will speak to
people at FOSDEM about mentoring because the number of mentors appears
to be the biggest constraint.

Regards,

Daniel