Re: Google Summer of Code 2018

On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 7:21 PM, Molly de Blanc <deblanc@riseup.net> wrote:

In order to proceed, we need to have mentors and projects to submit with our organization application.

In short, if we want to do this, time to start asking people to mentor. :) Pinging people who submitted to being outreachy mentors[1], but did not end up with an intern this round, would be good places to start, I think, as well as an open call.

Hi,

EasyGnuPG is a shell script that wraps GPG and tries to make it more accessible
and more easy to use: https://github.com/dashohoxha/egpg

There are some improvements that can be done to it:
1. Rewrite EasyGnuPG (or parts of it) so that it is built with Python
    and GPGME (https://www.gnupg.org/software/gpgme/)
2. Implement a GUI to EasyGnuPG (maybe with Python).
3. Extend EasyGnuPG with scripts/commands that automate
    other common usage scenarios (for example keeping the master key on a card).

Are these suitable for being on the list of debian projects?
I can be a mentor for them.

Regards,
Dashamir