Re: FOSDEM Sponsorship from Debian or Google?

On 15/12/16 09:59, 殷啟聰 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Will there be travel sponsorship to FOSDEM provided by Debian or
> Google Summer of Code, like we had in FOSDEM 2016?

I was responsible for coordinating a lot of that for 2016 but
unfortunately I am not able to volunteer the time to do that again for 2017.

Are the admins or any other mentors interesting in coordinating this?

There is a couple of hours effort involved in gathering travel costs
from interested participants, putting them into a spreadsheet,
coordinating with one of the local groups to provide visa letters,
collecting the receipts later and forwarding them to the DPL and
treasurer at the end.

Several of the students have proposed talks for FOSDEM and many of them
also get involved in volunteering so I feel the total effort they
contribute easily exceeds the time taken to administer the funding.

Regards,

Daniel