Re: Introducing myself

On 15/10/16 06:47, VIVEK SINGHVI wrote:
> Hello everyone this is Vivek Singhvi. I am currently pursuing Computer
> Science and Engineering 2nd year at BITS Pilani ,India. I want to intern
> at GSOC with Debian the coming year.
>
> I have made many projects using Django/Python. I also know C and C++.
>

> I would like to get a tip about getting started and how can I start
> contributing to the community.

Did you look at the list of projects[1] from 2016 on the wiki, do you
like any of them?  Some of them provide opportunities to be continued in
GSoC 2017.  Are you near any of the students who worked on Free-RTC[2]?

Did you read my blog[3] about getting selected?

Do you already run Debian on your computer?  If not, installing Debian
(for dual boot or in VirtualBox) might be a good thing to start with.

Regards,

Daniel

1. https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2016/Projects
2. RTCProjects