Re: GSoC mentor summit? (Google funded travel)

On 17/08/16 14:26, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Le 17/08/2016 à 14:23, Daniel Pocock a écrit :
>>

>> Hi all,
>>
>> Has there been any communication about selecting mentors to represent
>> Debian at Google's mentor summit?  I couldn't find it in the list
>> archive, I don't know if it has been raised elsewhere.
>>
>> We have a number of new mentors this year who may not be familiar with
>> the summit, it would be great if some of them had the opportunity to
>> participate.
>>

> Afaik, nothing has been done.
> Who are you thinking about?

Any of the mentors who have been active this year

As far as I know there was only one case of a mentor who pulled out

Should people who want to go send a private mail to the admins at
outreach@debian.org and then you make a random selection as in previous
years?

For those unfamiliar with the summit[1], the travel and accommodation is
fully funded by Google for 2 of the mentors.  You can also take a
spouse/partner (who pays for their own flights) and/or stay additional
nights in California at your own expense to do sight-seeing or whatever
else.

The summit itself is a weekend, Friday, October 28 - Sunday, October 30.

I've been twice, once with Debian and once with Ganglia and it is highly
recommended.  I'd be interested in going myself but only if none of the
new mentors wants to take one of the 2 places.

Regards,

Daniel

1. https://sites.google.com/site/2016gsocmentorsummit/home