FW: GSoC 2016 Week 5 - Indexation and data Persistance over OpenDht

Hi,

Last week i was speaking about my new solution for the data persistance, now there is an implementation of that.
But here comes another problem :

If there is a lot of same value, then the split be done until the end ( that ok ), but it will not put the value by the end of the triee since there is not enough value.
That will happend is the following :
  • Split till the end of the tries
  • Put data on last node
  • Since last node, is parent, and his sibling does not contains the maximum value possible in a node, then put the data in the parent
  • All others value does the same, until the n + 1 values do it ( n is the maximum on a node )
  • Then this node will split the node into two subnode, and all n data will be split into those 2.

There problem as you may guest is that the data does a kind of "ping-pong" between last nodes and we dont want that since that will give a lot of useless data transfer.

This week i work on another method for the merge which is basically let the node expire.
then, when we put another value, we will node update the node and then after some time it will expire ... and so the data will be put into the parent.
And Voila, merge is done.

Hope that, that will work.

Anyway, see you next week, next week i'll probably start the indexation of data with multi key :D

Regards,

REYNAUD Nicolas