Packaging of various XStatic dependencies for an eventual MoinMoin 2 package

Hello,

For a while, some renewed attention has been directed towards packaging
MoinMoin 2 ("Moin 2") for Debian, and we have identified a number of XStatic
packages or modules that Moin 2 would need in order to be delivered as a
Debian package itself:

XStatic-AnyWikiDraw
XStatic-autosize
XStatic-CKEditor
XStatic-jQuery-File-Upload
XStatic-Pygments
XStatic-svg-edit-moin
XStatic-TWikiDraw-moin

Since we have been a bit slow in getting going with our efforts, one of the
previously unpackaged modules is now packaged for Debian:

https://salsa.debian.org/openstack-team/xstatic/python-xstatic-jquery.tablesorter

Having had to reacquaint myself with Debian packaging, I have been pursuing
the packaging of some other software needed for Moin 2, attempting to follow
the Debian Python Team guidelines, and so I just wanted to clarify any
deviations from those guidelines when preparing packages that are more closely
related to those maintained by the Debian OpenStack Team.

For example, I see that the packaging repositories in Salsa do not employ an
"upstream" branch, but I presume that the "master" branch is used for that
purpose. There also does not appear to be usage of a "debian/master" branch.
Not being familiar with OpenStack terminology, I can only assume that the
branch naming follows OpenStack release names.

It seems to me that if I and others were to start packaging the above modules,
people in this part of the Debian community might have a stronger opinion
about how this should be done. Such efforts also might complement (or
conflict) with existing activities, and so it also seems reasonable to mention
them here first. Maybe there are even plans to package some of this software
already.

In the first instance, I imagine preparing Debian packaging repositories and
uploading them to the following location:

https://salsa.debian.org/moin-team

Any advice, guidance or other observations would be most helpful, particularly
if it prevents us from going down the wrong path in some regard.

Thanks for any help that can be offered!

Paul