Debian Cloud images using the wrong IPv6 address

Hi,

I hope that the bug I am describing is an artifact of the debian image and not a bug in our OpenStack setup.

When I deploy the current debian image (10.9) to our OpenStack infra, the VM will get an IPv6 address that is not its own:
  Configured address in openstack: 2001:638:502:ee00::29d/128
  Address in VM: 2001:638:502:ee00::249/128

removing the incorrect address and then configuring the correct one enables networking.

Do you have any suggestions why this is happening? Images of other distributions (Centos, Ubuntu) show correct behaviour.

Regards,
Johannes Kampmeyer