Re: Mozldap switch: --with-openldap to go away?

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 01:38:45PM +0100, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> I'm not sure if Debian configures LO with --with-openldap for a

Because we didn't want to link with Mozilas libldap509.so (which evben
isn't properly SONAMEd) and have a dependency on Mozilla for that.

And that OpenLDAP is LDAP reference. Why use Mozilla if we have that?

> specific reason or if we would be OK with switching to Mozilla LDAP in
> future versions.

If you mean the standalone mozladap: if someone (Mozilla team? I
won't) packages it and it has a proper library etc, yes, we could switch
to that though I still don't see why OpenLDAP is bad.

> Do we have positive confirmation that the LDAP features of LO work
> with OpenLDAP?

AFAIR someone tested it with OpenLDAP when I wrote the patch for adding
--with-openldap back then. Might also be wrong remembering, though, never
tried it myself.

> Just in case you missed this thread on upstream ML, wanted to give you
> a heads-up so that you can weigh in before it maybe happens.

I noticed, but I managed to ignore so far because I don't even see the
sense in there.

Regards,

Rene