a bug in openoffice 3.2 from lenny backports??

Hello

Some days ago I installed the openoffice 3.2 from lenny backports repository
on my PC (which is running Debian Lenny) every thing goes fine, but when I
save a document in .doc format and I try to open it in other PC with
Microsoft Office, the non-us caracters are replaced by dots. These issue
don't happend with Openoffice 2.4 from the oficial repository

Is there any bug in Openoffice 3.2 ?? Anyone knows anything about this?

Thanks

--
Salu2