Re: OpenOffice.org hangs on start up

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 16:45, Rene Engelhard <rene@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Mr. Wang Long wrote:
>> After a recently upgrade, OOo in sid (amd64, version 1:3.0.1-4+b1,
>> with Gnome) no longer works anymore. It just stops while showing OOo's
>> splash screen, with CPU usage 0% and no output at all on command line.
>
> Did it work before with other 3.0.x?
>
>> Any ideas? Thanks!
>
> Yes, your name sounds chinese or at least from some other asian country.
> Do you use some input method?
>
> Can it be you ran into the known X bug?
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=511178 + the ones merged with it
>
> Grüße/Regards,
>
> René
> --
>  .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
>  : :' : http://www.debian.org | http://people.debian.org/~rene/
>  `. `'  rene@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: 248AEB73
>   `-   Fingerprint: 41FA F208 28D4 7CA5 19BB  7AD9 F859 90B0 248A EB73

Thank you very much! Indeed I use scim-bridge as IM, and that was the
problem: the command "unset GTK_IM_MODULE; ooffice" launched OOo
successfully.

Since I installed "scim-bridge-agent" without
"scim-bridge-client-gtk", currently GTK_IM_MODULE=xim. After I
installed "scim-bridge-client-gtk" and changed GTK_IM_MODULE into
scim-bridge, the problem was solved. It seems that the latest OOo does
not like the xim module.

This problem was not found in previous version of OOo.

Thank you again,
Wang Long