OpenOffice 3.0.1~rc1 won't Launch

Launching Openoffice Writer produces the following error:

./oowriter: line 2: /usr/lib/openoffice/program/soffice: cannot execute binary
file

Running Impress and Calc produces similar results.
Launching /usr/lib/openoffice/program/soffice produces this:

bash: ./soffice: cannot execute binary file

As a workaround I restored the version 3.0 soffice file from backup, and
everything works fine, so far.

I am running OpenOffice 3.0.1~rc1 on a Lenny system with some elements from
Sid. OpenOffice is the only program from experimental. The machine in
question is a 2 gHz Celeron with Intel 965 graphics chipset, and 1 gig. of
RAM.

--
Hawaiian Astronomical Society: http://www.hawastsoc.org
HAS Deepsky Atlas: http://www.hawastsoc.org/deepsky