Re: Go-oo logo (splash screen)

[ no need to mial me privately; of course I read -openoffice ]

Hi,

Renato S. Yamane wrote:
> What you think about a campain to develop a new logo to Debian Office Suite
> (Go-oo)?

I don't believe this makes sense.

> We are using go-oo and not openoffice.org... Maybe is interesting develop a

And? We already express this in the Homepage field and in debian/copyright.

No other distro basing on ooo-build does rename their office either. When
you exchange the splash you also need to change %PRODUCTNAME to Go-oo.org,
which I DO NOT think makes sense.

We are still trying to cooperate with Sun; I think this would
make it even worse.

> new look to Go-oo.

There actually is ooo-build/src/openintro_go-oo.bmp but I
  a) think this is not needed at all
  b) the colors look too Ubuntu-ish
  c) it's too inflexible ("development build") on the top (OK, this
     easily could be changed, but...)

Cc'ing dev@lists.go-oo.org.

Regards.

Rene