Re: OO.o source and new hunspell dicts packaging

Hi,

Milan Bouchet-Valat wrote:
> As of 2.4, OO.o upstream provides many updated hunspell dictionaries in
> their source. These are much smarter than standard dictionaries we have
> in Debian, and are maintained by communities that have cleaned them up

For example?

> and added many words. Fedora for example has packaged them and so is
> able to use them not only in OO.o but also for system-wide
> spell-checking.
>
> Since all of these are in the openoffice.org source package in Debian,

openoffice.org-dictionaries, you mean.

> I'd like to help updating the control files so that every language there
> leads to a new package (ATM only about 3 languages have a
> hunspell-dictionary-* package). I guess it should not be too long since

I doubt every dictionary already got updated to use hunspells new
features. Do you have a proof every dict did? Why wasn't there then a
new version of the software the myspell/hunspell dictionaries are built
from?

> the process is basically the same for all languages, and we already have
> the code needed for some. Would you just give me a few hints about what
> should be changed and where to look? Do you think there are any issues
> to tackle that I may have missed?

Please change the packages from which those packages are built, not
openoffice.org-dictionaries itself. For example, hunspell-de-* comes
directly out of the source code of it (igerman98)

Regards,

Rene