Re: update on bug 256347 SPARC libs

Hi Jim,

Jim Watson wrote:
> It appears SPARC libs can not be used now on debian/unstable, even if I
> force gcc to build SPARC binaries upstream, the shared libs become
> SPARC32PLUS when they are linked to the glibc libs which are
> SPARC32PLUS. Note that debian openoffice.org already ships SPARC32PLUS
> on unstable.

Yeah. sparc32 support seems to be gone from Debian now as announced in
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2007/07/msg00006.html

That said, you you also experience (random(?)) segfaults with gcc?
Compare
http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?&pkg=openoffice.org&ver=1%3A2.3.1-1&arch=sparc&stamp=1197417767&file=log
and
http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?&pkg=openoffice.org&ver=1%3A2.3.1-2&arch=sparc&stamp=1197564932&file=log.

(Same gcc, same svx... Looks like either a gcc or a machine bug to me,
but...)

Regards,

Rene