Re: update on bug 256347 SPARC libs

Rene Engelhard wrote:
Hi Jim,
That said, you you also experience (random(?)) segfaults with gcc?
Compare
http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?&pkg=openoffice.org&ver=1%3A2.3.1-1&arch=sparc&stamp=1197417767&file=log
and
http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?&pkg=openoffice.org&ver=1%3A2.3.1-2&arch=sparc&stamp=1197564932&file=log.

(Same gcc, same svx... Looks like either a gcc or a machine bug to me,
but...)

Hi Rene,

I haven't seen any random segfaults recently...

Regarding the changes to sparc support, I am still looking and thinking about some possible issues that might come out of these: - on debian/unstable gcc & g++ still build SPARC (unsupported?) object files by default but the shared libs are SPARC32PLUS. - except icu module delivers some statically linked SPARC libs to the solver. - gcc/g++ command option -mcpu=v9 is needed to build SPARC32PLUS object files - need to look at the code in sal/osl/unx/util.c and sal/osl/unx/asm and related AFLAGS in unxlngs.mk

I have just built m239 and it works anyway without making any changes yet.

regards

jim