Re: OO and Russian

Verena Schmidtke wrote:

> Bernd Schubert wrote:
>
>> Did you set your keyboard layout to russian? E.g. using
>> 'setxkbmap -model pc105 -layout ru -variant basic'?
>
> Thanks, that did the trick. So it is not possible to switch
> between languages in OO.org writer by choosing an appropriate
> font (like in Word)?

Hmm, don't know if that is possible using the appropriate font, but I think
it probably is (I rather often use symbol for greek characters). I guess
the fonts you have chosen also contain latin characters.
Anyway, wouldn't you in Windows set up the languages and then just click on
the symbol in the taskbar? The kde counter part of that is called kxkb.

>> With 'kxkb' or similar programs you won't need to set up such
>> cryptographic commands.
>
> I believe you mean "cryptic" ;)

Thanks, yes :) (one can always see when I'm tired ;) )

> But I couldn't find kxkb in Sarge.

Its part of kdebase-bin. Similar tools also exist for gnome, xfce, etc. but
I don't know their name.

Cheers,
Bernd