Re: Package: openoffice.org VS Debian GNU/Linux testing Etch amd64

aLTer wrote:
> I have an amd64 machine with Debian GNU/Linux testing Etch amd64 and
> it works just fine! But seems there is no package of openoffice for
> amd64 :-(

There is neither for i386 because the package name is openoffice.org ;-)

> When it planned? Can I help?

Yes. At some time, when the amd64/64-bit porting is in a state where it is
usable.
It currently is not.

If you need OOo, use a 32-bit chroot or another 32 bit machine or use
32-bit Debian..

[ Yes, there is a plan to provide _amd64 debs containing the 32-bit
binaries, I am wating for that patch from the amd64 Debian people ]

Regards,

Rene