Re: buggy dependances

Benjamin Henrion wrote:
> (I use ubuntu dapper)

And this is Debian...

> Question: why does it require openoffice.org-core, if I want to install
> openoffice.org2-core?

Because openoffice.org2-* is now obsolete (as in Debian months ago
already, it only was the name at the time it was in experimental and
Ubuntu decided to take it longer with them, for whatever reasons, ask
them...) and the name is now openoffice.org-*.

> root@pecs /home/zoobab [37]# apt-get install openoffice.org2-core
[ snip ]

> root@pecs /home/zoobab [38]# apt-get install openoffice.org2-core
> openoffice.org2-writer python-uno
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.

> python-uno: Depends: openoffice.org-core (> 2.0.1oob680m5) but it is
> not going to be installed
> E: Broken packages
> root@pecs /home/zoobab [39]#

As part of the rename, python-uno of course wants the renamed
packages...

Regards,

Rene